- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice squeezed
- 2 or more Roasted Pablano chiles chopped – from scratch or canned
- 2 – 3 Ears of Corn
- 1/4 – 1/2 of a small seedless watermelon chopped
- Fresh Baby Spinach leaves – 4 or 5 handfuls
- Thai Basil leaves – remove leaves from 6 to 8 stems – sourced at H-mart but any type of basil will do
- Cilantro tops – one bunch
- Salt and Pepper
- Tamari Lime Seared Tofu (see recipe link below)
- Prep and marinate tofu block (recipe for Tamari Lime Seared Tofu)
- Slice tops from Poblano chiles, remove seeds and lay flat on roasting pan. Roast chiles in a 350º oven for about 40 minutes, until the skins are black and charred. Place in a covered bowl and cover with tea towel. Peel and chop when cooled.
- Steam corn on cob for 4 minutes. Cut kernels from cob. If the corn is freshly picked serve kernels raw.
- Chop watermelon into one inch chunks.
- In the bottom of a salad bowl add 2 Tablespoons of EVOO and 2 Tablespoons lime juice, whisk. Add spinach, basil and cilantro leaves and massage with a gloved hand until greens are glistening wet.
- Gently toss remaining ingredients and plate.
Consider grilling the chilis and corn outside if the grill is lit. In this case the chilis should be roasted whole and will take about 8 minutes with one flip. Smoke the corn for a few minutes and prep.
Serve veggie chips on the side with a chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio.
Casual splendor at its best!