- VEGGIE BURGERS:
- 2 15 oz. cans, drained, but not rinsed, black beans / kidney beans / or mix
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon yellow mustard / Dijon
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- Buns – lettuce – red onion – tomato – special sauce
- CHIPOTLE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mash beans with a gloved hand or fork until nearly smooth, leaving some beans more intact.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, spice powders and oats. Blend well.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into four patties.
- Bake for 15 minutes, carefully flip, and bake for another 5 minutes or until crusty on the outside. Serve with bun and condiments.
Yields: 4 patties
Chipotle Sauce Preparation:
- Whip above ingredients in a high-speed blender.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com