- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked (if not using a high speed blender)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped russet potatoes (1 large potato)
- 1 cup carrot chopped (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2/3 cup potato water from cooking pot
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- Vegan Mayonnaise such as Vegenaise
- Bread of your choice
- Boil a large pot of water and prep potatoes, carrots and onions. Cook veggies over medium heat, covered in water until they are fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add drained cashews, coconut milk, yeast flakes, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and garlic clove to blender while veggies are cooking.
- When veggies are done, transfer 3/4 cup hot potato water to your high-speed blender or food processor. Drain veggies with a colander and add to blender, blending on high until smooth.
- Use immediately or chill to firm up. Cheese spreads like old fashion cheese whiz.
- Slather cheese on both sides of bread, slap together and fry in skillet using vegan Mayonnaise or vegan butter, flip and fry.
Great for nachos, crackers, celery sticks, french fries, cooked broccoli spears, chile con queso, quesadillas and more!
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com