- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil – optional
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon capers drained
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 – 3 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 18 oz. firm tofu (or a smaller brick cut into small 1/4 to 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chives ( I used Korean)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl whisk mayo, EVOO, mustard, capers, lemon juice, garlic, turmeric, celery seeds, and sea salt.
- Rinse and drain tofu brick. Pressing is not necessary. Cut into small cubes or crumble lightly.
- Add fresh herbs and fresh ground pepper. Allow a few minutes for flavors to blend.
Serving: filling for 4 generous sandwiches or salad green bowls
Serve with lettuce and tomato sandwiches or scoop egg salad over a special green like watercress or peppery arugula. Top salad with tomatoes, green onions and chives.
Check our website for the oil-free version of mayo.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com