- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 6 cups – 8.5 ounces Brown Rice Krispy Cereal (Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes ~ optional
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup agave nectar – for plain peanut butter version
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE LAYERED SALTED PECAN VERSION:
- 1 1/2 bags of vegan chocolate chips
- a handful of chopped pecans
- pinch of sea salt
- ROCKY ROAD VERSION:
- vegan marshmallows
• Chocolate Layered Salted Pecan Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
• Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
• Rocky Road Rice Krispy Treats
• wax paper or parchment paper
• 9 x 13 inch pan, large mixing bowl, spatula, microwave or double boiler pan
• coconut oil, vegan butter, or nonstick spray
- Lightly oil pan and line with parchment or wax paper.Put cereal and coconut flakes in a large mixing bowl.
- In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl add peanut butter, sweetener and vanilla, heat, but not too hot, mix well and pour over cereal. Blend until well coated.
- Press into pan with gloved hand or spatula.
- Lightly chop pecans and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave, drizzle over rice crispy bars and spread with a rubber spatula or knife.
- Hand toss salted pecans over chocolate while it is warm to set.
- Chill for firmness. When ready to serve flip bars upside down onto a cutting board, remove paper, flip back, cut and serve.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com