- 1 T. olive oil or less
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- one bunch greens rolled and chiffonade cut
- pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 3 T. pine nuts or sliced almonds or walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
- one half of one red apple sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Heat one teaspoon of oil with garlic in frying using med. heat
- Toast pine nuts and add currants to frying pan.
- Sauté greens, adding salt & pepper about 5 minutes, until wilted
- Add fresh apple slices to warm
- Fresh squeeze of lemon or balsamic vinegar.
A great light meal idea:
Serve wilted greens with a country blend of brown and wild rice with a side of organic applesauce, or try Vegan Field Roast Sausage / seasoned with Apple and Sage spice.
Try any combination of greens including swiss chard, kale, collard greens, or red cabbage.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com