- (1) 25 oz. jar of your favorite tomato pasta sauce – about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils – rinsed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast plus more for final topping
- 2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of a sweetener (agave, maple syrup or brown sugar, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- sea salt to taste
- 3 – 4 zucchini or yellow crookneck squash spiralized – served at room temperature
- fresh Campari tomato wedges
- fresh basil leaves / parsley
- In a large skillet, saucepan or Dutch oven, add pasta sauce, 1 and1/2 cups
water, 1 cup red lentils, and seasonings. Cover, bring to a boil. Then bring
heat down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Lentils should be soft with
a slight bite.
- Create spiralized zucchini and yellow squash noodles while the ragu is
- When lentils are tender, stir in chopped walnuts.
- Ladle noodles with sauce and garnish with tomato slices, olives, a sprinkle
of nutritional yeast and freshly chopped basil leaves.
Serve with a hand tossed fresh spinach salad and a red wine vinaigrette.
Yield: 4 servings
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com