- mixed field greens
- Vermicelli bean threads
- Rice paper (6 inch diameter)
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 t. red pepper flakes
- hot water
Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add hot water to thin sauce to desired consistency. For a large crowd, 16 people, I multiply this recipe times 4.
- Cut carrots, apple and cucumber into matchstick pieces, thinly slice avocado.
- Prepare noodles by dropping them in a pot of boiling water for a quick minute or two, taste for a softness with a bite and drain. Rinse under cool water.
- Take one rice paper and dip in warm water for 5 seconds. Twirl and shake.
- Place patty on a plate, add carrots, avocado, cucumber, bean threads, and small lettuce leaves. Roll up 1/3 of rice patty, fold in both sides and roll to the end, or roll, fold one end and leave the other side open like a small bouquet.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Cover with a moist tea towel and enjoy at room temperature up to two hours in advance.
If you make these a day in advance, hide the avocado slice in the center of roll. Cover with a moist tea towel and insert into a large plastic bag with twist tie. Refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving. They can be served ice cold but the flavor will be slightly compromised.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com