- one pound fresh Shiitake mushrooms (found at Asian markets)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º conventional or 350º convection.
- Immerse mushrooms in water for one minute to remove dirt, swirl and drain in colander.
- Remove stems by twisting and pinching. Save stems for a broth or discard.
- Dry mushroom caps in a salad spinner or by hand with paper towels.
- Slice mushroom caps thinly.
- Select a large, rimmed, baking sheet and hand toss mushrooms with olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper. Distribute evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Mix and flip with spatula.
- Continue baking for 10 additional minutes.
- Bacon is finished when the color is brown and edges are crisp. Add additional minutes to complete, by 1 or 2 minute intervals, flip with spatula and repeat, until perfectly done.
Oven cook times may vary. Pay close attention to the final roasting minutes as mushrooms can burn quickly if roasted too long. Stand and watch the last few minutes, the first time you prepare, and make notes on your recipe for future instruction.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com