- MAIN INGREDIENTS
- 1 handful of dry seaweed ~Chung Jung Won
- 3 cucumbers sliced lengthwise (Kirby, Persian, or English work best)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon concentrated vinegar, German Brand SURIG essig essenz
- 2 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Shoyu Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Korean red pepper paste
- 2 1/4 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- green onion garnish (shred with the pink weapon)
- Start rice on the cooktop.
- Make dressing while seaweed is soaking.
- Soak dry pasta style seaweed for about 15 minutes in a bowl of water until soft, taste.
- Rinse seaweed in a colander under fresh water and squeeze dry with hand.
- Peel cucumbers creating green and white strips, slice on the bias and again with a lengthwise bias cut forming matchstick cucumber slices.
- Add vegetables to half the sauce, massage, repeat with remaining sauce. Use a gloved hand or a clean produce bag to protect hands from red pepper paste.
- Garnish with curly green onions and serve with rice as a side dish.
Re-hydrated seaweed will keep several days in the refrigerator.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com