- 2 small firm heads of Romaine
- olive oil as needed
- coarse sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley chopped
- WALNUT PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cut romaine in half vertically from top to bottom of head.
- Pour one tablespoon olive oil in a small container. Using a pastry brush, brush leaves and crevices with olive oil, then salt and pepper and set aside. This can be done early in the day for evening meal.
- Heat a well seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is nice and hot sear lettuce until it begins to brown, flip and cook back side, about five minutes total. Season with chopped parsley, more salt and pepper if desired, and Walnut Parmesan Cheese.
Walnut Parmesan Cheese
Blend all ingredients into food processor or blender.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com