- 1 1/2 pounds beets roasted (6 medium size)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 generous hands arugula
- one handful walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Wash and scrub beets, wrap with aluminum foil shinny side facing out and place on oven rack for one hour. Pierce with a skewer after one hour of roasting. If there is no resistance with skewer remove and allow to cool. If beets are a bit too hard continue cooking for another 15 minutes until done.
- Slide hands over cooled beets to remove skins, use rubber gloves if beets are too hot to handle.
- Cut in half, quarter, and chop into fork size pieces.
- Smash garlic and salt in a mortar, add olive oil, lemon juice and whisk in serving bowl. Continue to add arugula leaves, massage dressing into leaves, add chopped beets and toss again.
- Sprinkle with walnut halves.
If you have time marinate the beets overnight. They become so flavorful, even the arugula holds up to the overnight marinated dressing.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com