- 3 red bell peppers, prepped for roasting
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into 1 inch thick slices ( I used one small purple and one small white head )
- 3 whole garlic bulbs for roasting
- 6 garlic cloves mashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 cup buckwheat ( I used a brown toasted variety)
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond, soy, or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 of pomegranate seeds
- a few sprigs of fresh mint, leaves stripped and scattered
- 3/4 cup, roasted and chopped pistachios
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- Harissa (N. African chili paste ) or chile red pepper paste (such as Red Rooster Brand)
- Preheat oven to 375º and line a baking tray or two with parchment paper.
- Toss cauliflower, red bell peppers and garlic bulbs in bowl with olive oil.
Arrange in a single layer and roast for 30 – 45 minutes, or just until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile cook buckwheat following the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Arrange the roasted cauliflower on a large platter, ( I used a 14 x 11 inch oval plate and added remaining ingredients as needed).
- Continue to scatter the remaining ingredients for a festive platter tucking in spoonfuls of yogurt and grain. Scatter seeds, nuts, mint leaves, lemon zest and juice for final touch.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Inspired by Chef Chris Honor, Big Flavors From a Small Kitchen
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com