- 1 bunch purple kale
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice blend (day old or left over rice is perfect)
- 1/3 cup raw peanuts, toasted
- currants a generous handful
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 T. agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce ~ the rooster emblem hot sauce ~ by Huy Fong Foods
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh frozen ginger
- 4 limes ~ 3 hand squeezed for juice and 1 lime cut in quarters for final salad garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rock sea salt, adding a pinch more for final dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper ~ 6 rounds on the pepper mill
- Wash and cook rice for 50 minutes, fluff with fork, allow to cool.
- Wash, devein, and chiffonade cut kale.
- Toast peanuts in a dry frying pan over medium high heat until peanuts become oily and nicely tanned.
- Finely chop peanuts ~ reserve half for final top garnishing.
- Blend peanut sauce *ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on low until nicely blended.
- Mix kale, rice, dressing, currants in a bowl with a gloved hand, allow to rest 10 minutes before serving
- Top with remaining chopped peanuts and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges and a pinch of rock sea salt.
Two generous rice bowl servings
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com