- 1 bunch Kale (Lacinato or sometimes called Dinosaur or Tuscan kale)
- 1 vey small red cabbage
- 3 oranges
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (use 1 of 3 oranges for juice)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ t. ground black pepper
- Prepare dressing.
- De-vein kale, roll leaves into cigar shapes and slice thinly.
- Place cut kale into a large bowl, add dressing and massage well.
- Quarter red cabbage, core, slice thinly and add to salad bowl.
- Continue to prep slicing red onion, red pepper and orange segments.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the top.
Serve within ten minutes of preparation allowing kale leaves to soak up dressing. This salad can be enjoyed the second and third day after preparation, it just becomes more delicious!
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com