- 2 to 3 leeks prepped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- One bunch fresh asparagus
- 8 oz. Linguine
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame – frozen
- 1 cup petite green peas – frozen
- Several handfuls of fresh Parsley, Mint, Chives, or Marjoram
- Lime spritz before serving
Creme Fraiche – 4 ingredients:
- 11 oz. tube of Soon tofu (sourced at H-mart) or sub with soft, silken tofu
- 6 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
Final plating option:
Homestyle Vegan Parmesan Cheese – 3 ingredients: Prep in advance. Pulse all 3 ingredients in a food processor on low. Store in a glass jar and refrigerate up to six months.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor blend tofu, 6 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast, 1/4 cup lime juice, and 1/2 cup plant based milk until creamy. Add a small amount of water if it appears too thick. Creme can be made in advance and refrigerated up to one week.
- Slice the white and light green portions of leeks into coins and place in a medium bowl of water. Swish leeks with your hand and allow sand to settle for 5 minutes. Discard dark green tops.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon oil and butter. Remove leeks from the water bowl with your hands. There will be grit at the bottom of the water bowl. Place cleaned leeks in skillet. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes, then lower heat and hold.
- Heat a large stock pot of water and follow pasta cooking instructions.
- Snap off tough asparagus ends and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Clean and chop fresh herbs.
- Steam asparagus, peas and edamame for 2 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Toss pasta, vegetables, and creme fraiche in your skillet or a large bowl. Mix in fresh herbs. Spritz with lime. Finish plating with Parmesan Cheese.
A note from Debbie:
We also found wedges of vegan parmesan cheese at Whole Foods which we all liked, the brand is called Violife.