- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise / or 3 tablespoons of Tahini for a no-oil version
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas / one can rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 6 large green olives chopped
- 10 small squares of snack size nori seaweed cut into small rectangles
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Fresh bread, tomato slices, lettuce and a few more olives to dress the plate
- Mash chickpeas by hand or lightly pulse in a food processor. The result should be both chunky and smooth.
- Mix chickpeas in a bowl with mayo, mustard, agave, and lemon juice.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, (or try 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.)
Replace chopped olives with 1/2 cup diced dill pickles. Use one can of pinto beans with one can of chickpeas for a creamer version.