- 5-6 extra large Medjool dates (about 1/2 cup), pitted
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 – 2 tablespoons plant-based milk or cold water
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of plant milk in a large food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed and blend again. The mixture should be somewhat crumbly and moist, but should hold its shape when pressed into a ball. You may experiment with ingredient quantities depending on you preference such as a drier, crunchier texture by adding more oats and almond flour, or a chewier texture by adding more dates and raisins.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and add a drop or two of cold water to your palm and roll dough into cake balls.
Store carrot cake balls in an air tight container for 2 – 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This recipe is from bitesforfoodies.com and filed under Bites for Babies.