- 1 onion diced
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 piece of Kombu sea vegetable ( 2 inches)
- one small head of Napa cabbage chopped
- 6 – 8 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup miso, white for mild, or red miso for fullest flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly cracked pepper or to taste
- one bunch green onions sliced
- Over medium heat add one diced onion and 1/4 cup water to a large soup pot. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, water, Kombu, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, add soy sauce, cover and cook until vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Toward the end of cooking add 1 cup of hot broth to a bowl and stir 1/3 cup miso with broth until well blended. Return miso broth to soup pot, adjust seasonings. Remove seaweed vegetable and add green onions before serving.
Debbie’s Special Notes:
This would be an easy crockpot soup. Cook soup on low for six or more hours. Add miso and sliced green onions right before serving. I sometimes add carrots and mushrooms to the vegetable mix. During the summer months I add chives right before serving.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com