- Korean organic pancake mix (try the Sunrise label or Natural Life brand)
- Prepped veggies of your choice
- Soy sauce and German vinegar “Surig” (for dipping)
- Vegan Kimchi Cabbage ~ dice kimchi
- Chives ~ Korean or Chinese ~ slice into 1inch pieces
- Mung bean sprouts ~ popular in Cambodia and Vietnam
- Green onions and match stick carrots
- Prepare one and one half cup veggies, place in a medium size bowl.
- Shake one cup pancake mix over veggies, coat well.
- Add a small amount of water, slowly, until everything sticks together like glue.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a medium hot skillet. The amount of oil will depend on the skillet you use. This recipe is for a well seasoned cast iron skillet. Swirl until oil coats pan.
- Pour one large spoonful of batter into oiled skillet, flip when edges are lightly toasted.
- Dip pancakes lightly in soy sauce or prepare the Korean special dipping sauce: 2 teaspoons Tamari to 1 teaspoon German vinegar
Debbie’s Special Party Tips:
Make pancakes in advance and enjoy later in the day at room temperature. Prepare batter in advance and refrigerate. The batter will keep up to three days, just stir well before using. Experiment with grated potatoes, Korean radishes, or any veggies that you might have in your fridge!
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com