- WHITE BEAN SPREAD:
- 2 cups Great Northern Beans or 1 can rinsed
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon water or more to create a smooth consistency
- several Tablespoons of fresh basil, parsley, mint or add a tender rosemary sprig, fresh thyme, 1-2 sage leaves,
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry red pepper flakes – optional and fun to add once in awhile
- OPEN FACE SANDWICHES:
- bread (we used Seeduction seed bread from Whole Foods on You Tube video) I also like sourdough breads.
- fresh tomatoes
- raw red onion slices
- avocado – optional
- radish – optional
- cucumbers – optional
- grated fresh raw beets or carrots
- garnish with additional fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, chives or cilantro
- lettuce or sesame leaves
- coarse sea salt and cracked pepper after plating
- Blend Sandwich Spread ingredients in food processor.
- Smear Spread on bread, toast or crackers
- Layer tomato slices, pinch of sea salt, avocado, red onions and lightly dress with parsley, oak leaf lettuce, basil, or freshly cut chives.
- Cover your Sandwich with a green leaf before eating.
- Serve with olives on the side.
For the herbs, use what you have on hand, or are growing in pots. All of the suggested combinations work well together, taste and experiment.
Open Face Sandwiches were created for our YouTube Cooking Series “Farm Fresh Recipes.”