- Rinse and drain tofu. Pat dry with paper towel or tea towel.
- Slice tofu brick into rectangles or squares 1/2 inch thick.
- Blend sauce ingredients together in a jar or bowl.
- Place cut tofu pieces in a shallow pan, pour marinade on top . Allow to marinate 15 minutes or more.
- Heat a seasoned cast iron skillet or non stick frying pan to medium-high heat. Allow skillet to heat up for 5 minutes, then add 1 or 2 teaspoons oil and sear until the tofu is golden brown, flip and repeat. Pour the marinade over the sizzling squares, while cooking. The edges should be caramelized when complete.
- Before serving you may want to cut squares into smaller pieces or chunks.
Special notes for serving:
Serve this tofu inside a Banh Mi Sandwich, rice or noodle bowl. It’s a great addition to a summer salad plate or serve as a tofu steak.
This recipe was developed for VegFest Colorado 2017 by AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com