- In a medium saucepan bring 3 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup steel cut oats, turn heat down to low.
- Grate 2 inches of fresh Ginger and 2 inches of Turmeric over the cook pot using a microplane grater then rinse immediately under running water to clean.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, minced jalapeño pepper and sea salt.
- Cover pot and continue cooking oatmeal for 30 minutes on low.
- Steam Dark leafy greens 5 minutes before serving.
- Ladle oatmeal into serving bowls and top with greens. Snip greens with kitchen scissors to incorporate into the porridge.
• Fresh Tubers of Ginger and Turmeric can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks and in the freezer up to one year.
• The addition of pickled green chili peppers is highly recommended.
• The addition of 1/2 teaspoon curry and a spritz of lemon juice is also delicious.
• Experiment with the dry spice powder and adjust to taste.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com