Our Formula for a Rainbow Garden Burger
Easy to Make Gluten-Free
- Preheat conventional oven to 350º (if you are not grilling outside)
- In a large mixing bowl incorporate rice and beans by squishing them together with your hand or fork.
- Continue adding and mixing in the dry and wet ingredients.
- Scoop and pack the mixture into a (1-cup) measuring container which is 3/4’s full. Drop contents into your hand and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten with your palm into a 3 1/2-inch circle. This is the same size as a traditional hamburger bun.
- Sear, if desired, in a pre-seasoned skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, each side. Transfer to baking sheet and continue cooking for 15 minutes, flipping once. The exterior should be brown and crispy, the inside hot and moist.
- On YouTube we simply took the burgers outside and began grilling.
- If grilling your burgers ahead of a party, stop after searing, hold on the counter, refrigerate or freeze until grill time.
Yield: 6 burgers = 3 pounds
Special Note on Aquafaba (bean water):
3 Tablespoons of bean water / aquafaba = 1 whole egg
Add up to 6 Tablespoons of aquafaba (about two eggs) to create a mixture that is not too dry and not too wet. The perfect consistency is a mixture that holds together but is not mushy.
Rainbow Garden Burgers were created for our YouTube Cooking Series “Farm Fresh Recipes.”