- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Prepare millet by boiling 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup dry millet in a small saucepan. Lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Sauté onion and garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon oil or water, until soft and translucent. Add to the food processor when done.
- Add tempeh to food processor and pulse to break up like ground meat, add all of the remaining meat ingredients except millet and brown rice flour.
- Do not over blend. A dry consistency is best.
- Mix vegan meat in a bowl with cooked millet and 1/2 cup flour, form into balls or use a small cookie scoop. Place balls on a pizza stone or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, roll with hand for even baking and return to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While baking prepare pasta and heat marinara sauce on cooktop.
- Plate and serve with marinara sauce covering spaghetti and meatballs.
Yield: 15 meatballs
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com