Yield: 6 or more Bowls
Make Ahead Ingredients:
- Make Watermelon Sushi Bites or cube and add fresh watermelon.
- Cook Seasoned Black Rice (serve rice plain or make it extra special with seasoning). Soak 2 cups black rice in water overnight, drain soaking water. Add fresh water for cooking. Generally, rice is a 2 to 1 ratio: 2 cups rice to 4 cups of fresh cooking water, but follow cooking instructions, if provided, on bag. Add 1/3 cup rice vinegar, 1 1/2 Tablespoons date syrup, or sweetener of choice, 1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce to cooked rice. Mix well, taste, adjust seasonings if needed and set aside. Served at room temperature.
- Prepare the Sriracha Mayo Sauce. Blend the two ingredients and transfer to a squirt bottle or serve sauce in a small bowl with a spoon ladle. This sauce has a long refrigerator life.
- Prepare the Ponzu Sauce. Blend all ingredients in a bowl or jar. This sauce has a long refrigerator life.
- Add mixed greens (2 handfuls per bowl), drizzle ponzu sauce over greens (a little ponzu goes a long way) around 1 Tablespoon per serving.
- Place one cup of rice in your bowl, flatten out with rice paddle.
- Add all your chosen toppings (red cabbage, Persian cucumbers, carrots, cooked edamame, mangos, and green onions). Restrain yourself or add all these wonderful ingredients!
- Squeeze on the Sriracha Mayo Sauce.
- Garnish with a few black or white sesame seeds and lime wedges. Enjoy!
This recipe was prepared at VegFest Colorado 2019 for our Hawaiian Poke Bowls by AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com.