- Place chia seeds, cocoa powder, sweetener, and plant milk in a bowl.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and stir again to reincorporate seeds.
- Place bowl in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight until pudding thickens.
- Ladle pudding into individual serving sizes to enjoy throughout the week.
• Chocolate chips
• Peanut butter dollop or swirl
• Dried fruits
• Cinnamon sprinkle
A brand name box of pudding contains a minimum of 12 ingredients, the most prominent being sugar, followed by modified cornstarch and unpronounceable ingredients including 3 artificial colors, red 40, yellow 5, blue 1, with chemicals for thickening and preventing foam. It also notes that it is partially produced with genetic engineering. The simplicity of this pudding is one of the qualities attributed to homemade plant-based cooking. Chia pudding has a tapioca consistency.
If you are using homemade nut milk consider cutting back chia seed quantity to 1/3 cup. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com