Preparation (no oil):
- Heat a dry Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat, add chopped red onion, bell peppers, chopped squash and minced garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent, adding a splash of water to pot if needed.
- Add salt, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper, bay leaf, beans, tomatoes, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover and slow cook for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning by adding more chipotle pepper if needed.
- Garnish chili with fresh avocado slices, toasted corn strips and cilantro.
Serving: Feeds 4 people with two generous serving bowls of chili
Double the chili and serve with French fries, stuffed peppers, polenta and greens, for more deliciousness throughout the week.
This recipe is a family favorite recipe from Courtnay.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com