- Preheat oven to 350º conventional or 325º convection.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ingredients in the order listed.
- Use a cookie scoop or 1/4 cup to measure dough. Drop dough 2 inches apart and press into a circle with the back of a round drinking glass.
- Bake for 15 minutes conventional, or 13 minutes convection, or until top of cookie is a light golden brown.
- Remove and cool completely on wire racks. Cookies are soft, but firm up when cooled.
Special Notes from Debbie:
You can also create bar cookies with this recipe using a 9 X 12 inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Obviously you can eat these oatmeal cookies any time of day! They freeze well too. I also add chocolate chips occasionally . For a second version you can sub the raisins with dried cranberries and add white chocolate chips to the cookie dough mix.
I originally learned to make these cookies from the author of The Silver Palate Cookbooks. Over the years I have changed and adapted the recipe and eventually added plant-based eggs for baking. The Follow Your Heart brand of eggs in this recipe could be replaced with flax seed eggs, mashed banana, chia seed egg, or Ener-G egg replacer. The texture can vary slightly but all are good binding agents for oatmeal cookies.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com