Wok Stir Fry Method as shown on YouTube Channel
- Marinate tempeh for at least 30 minutes. An overnight marinade is excellent.
- Prep all your vegetables before stir frying.Use all the above ingredients or just a few.
- Heat wok over a high flame and test with a splash of water. When water beads up add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and swirl to coat wok evenly. Stir fry your veggies, adding each variety, one at a time, until crisp. Save a few green onions for finishing touch. Remove vegetables from wok to a large bowl and stir fry tempeh next. When tempeh is nice and hot add all the cooked vegetables back into the wok. Turn flame off, cover to hold heat and serve with warm tortillas or over rice.
- Warm tortillas in a dry skillet one at a time over medium high heat turning frequently until softened. An alternative method for warming 6 tortillas at once is to preheat the oven at 300º and insert a pizza stone or baking tray. When oven temperature is met wrap tortillas in a white wet kitchen tea towel and allow the tortillas to steam for about 5 minutes. Left over ingredients can be reheated in the microwave inside the tortilla wrap and cooked approximately 1 minute.
- Smear chili garlic sauce over the tortilla, pile on the veggies and serve.
Yield: 4 – 6 generous wraps
Debbie’s Recipe Tips for Crowd Cooking:
To stretch this meal for a crowd you can always add cooked rice to the wrap and adjust seasoning and peppers accordingly. You can also add cooked rice directly to the wok and stir fry. Try not to overcrowd the ingredients. Work in batches if necessary and add everything back in to reheat. Adding day old rice is a great idea.
Notes on Reducing Oil:
Replace water for the ¼ cup oil requirement.
Cut the oil in half and use 1/8 cup water 1/8 cup oil.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com