Date(s) - Sat Nov 04, 2017
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Vinh Xuong Bakery
Please join Jenny and I for a Saturday morning Vietnamese coffee, Sesame Balls, or their famously delicious Bahn Mi Baguettes at the Vinh Xuong Bakery located at 2370 West Alameda Ave, Denver, CO 80223.
That’s right, meet us Saturday morning, 10:30 a.m. for a Denver neighborhood meet up and shop adventure. The bakery vegan pastry menu at Vinh Xuong Bakery is smallish but our favorite sandwiches are amazing and worth the drive. The price will set you back a mere $4 or $5. Our favorite recommendations are the Spicy Avocado Bahn Mi or Spicy Tofu. As a special request the bakery will be using vegan mayo, so we will be legal too!
This bakery is charming and small with about 20 chairs, so we are meeting early before the lunch crowd which typically winds out the door. After lunch you can explore the neighborhood. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Pacific Ocean International Market is right across the parking lot and their kitchen homeware department is so colorful and inspiring. The perfect stop for planning your next spring roll party or ramen event. A great stop for noodles, spices, and teas.
- Far East Center on 333 South Federal Blvd is another great find. This is the center with the big pagoda gateway. Here you will find Jenny’s new retail shop, “Korea’s Best Skin” by appointment only for facials and such.
- You can even treat yourself to a one hour foot massage for $25.00 (tip is recommended).
- The gift shop in this center is another great experience with an extraordinary assortment of rocks, hats, umbrellas, trinkets galore catering to the locals and tourist crowd. Some of you may remember the fabulous Pearl River Chines Emporium in SoHo (now closed due to high rent) but always a great stop for unique items like house slippers and bamboo flip-flops. Jenny says this is our equivalent market in Denver.
- You may also want to step into the Little Saigon grocery store while you are exploring.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, please RSVP: email@example.com
Just in case you are wondering, this is a free event, not a cooking class. I thought it would be fun to stay in touch, catch up on our stories, and let you know how my cookbook is coming along.