- make ahead ~ shiitake mushroom bacon
- make ahead ~ one medium to large sweet potato roasted for one hour at 400º, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 pound (8 oz.) elbow macaroni, pasta shells, or noodles in your pantry
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups soy or almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced rosemary or chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add 1/2 pound of pasta to water, stir and follow cook time on pasta packaging. Drain and keep warm.
- In a medium sauce pan create a roux by whisking olive oil and flour over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Add mashed sweet potato, milk, salt, garlic, 1 teaspoon of mustard, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Bring sauce to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and allow sauce to thicken.
- Mince fresh herb for final plating
- Serve in bowls or cups with a generous amount of sauce to noodle ratio and finish with parsley, rosemary and shiitake mushroom bacon.
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
This recipe is served at, By Chloe, one of the most popular vegan restaurants in Manhattan located on Bleecker Steet in Greenwich Village.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com