- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 6 chopped mariposa roasted green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- De-vein, seed and chop Mariposa green chili peppers.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, cover, and allow flavors to mingle. Salsa flavor improves within the hour.
*Substitute 2 fresh Serrano chile peppers for the six roasted Mariposas. Serrano peppers are hot so remove the veins and seeds before adding.
Green chiles are available in many varieties and levels of heat. Mariposa are generally considered medium hot to hot. If you remove the veins the level of flavor is excellent and the heat is greatly reduced. Remove inside pepper veins by scraping away with a spoon.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com