- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven at 350º (325º convection oven)
- In a bowl combine olive oil, Tamari, Sriracha, maple syrup and smoked paprika. Stir well. Add coconut and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and distribute coconut as evenly as possible, aim for the least amount of overlapping.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, stir well, evenly space flakes and return to oven.
- Repeat this process every 2 minutes. A crucial step to prevent uneven cooking.
- Overall the baking time is between 8-10 minutes. Watch closely as coconut will burn quickly left unattended.
Adapted slightly for Colorado, this recipe is from wellandfull.com under “My favorite bacon!”