- Spice Rub Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Main Ingredients:
- 2 medium to extra firm tofu blocks
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
Spice Rub Prep:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar, cover and shake well.
- Label and store for up to 3 months or store in the freezer.
- remove tofu from packaging and rinse under cool water.
- cut square in two pieces approximately 3/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- heat a cast iron skillet on medium high
- pour spice rub into a low shallow glass bowl or plate and coat both sides of tofu steak with spice rub.
- transfer to hot skillet and pour 1/ 2 teaspoon oil over each steak, the oil will run into the pan.
- panfry 3 minutes on each side, serve hot
- I prefer to use a well seasoned cast iron skillet because only a minimal amount of oil is required and the surface is almost non-stick.
- Use glass or metal bowls for this recipe as the spice may stain your cookware.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com