- 4 cups cooked red beans
- 1 cup dates (soaked and drained overnight, if possible)
- 1 cup (10 ounces) jam – look for a 100% fruit juice sweetened brand such as Crofters Organic or St. Dalfour.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unsweetened carob powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts lightly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries fruit juice sweetened, if possible
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 325 degrees (convection oven). Prepare 8 x 8 baking pan with 8 x 8 parchment paper square on bottom. Spread brownie dough with hands to 4 corners of the pan. Cover your hands with a plastic glove or bag.
- Pulse in a food processor the beans, dates, jam, and vanilla until smooth. Add your dry ingredients and pulse again.
- Add walnuts, cranberries and coconut. Do not pulse these items!
- Spoon into baking pan and bake convection 22-24 minutes – standard oven 30 minutes. The top of your brownie cake will be firm and set.
- Remove, cool completely and cut into 16 squares.
- Serve plain or try these decorating ideas: fresh fruit skewers or various dried fruits and nuts.
Yield: 16 servings
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com