Adding Turmeric is one of Dr. Michael Greger’s Top Spice Recommendations in his New York Times bestselling book, “How Not To Die.” This video shares a short list, gleaned from 5,000 papers on its newly observed and much appreciated health-giving characteristics.
Search Turmeric videos on NutrtionFacts.org website and pull up a gazillion videos on its beneficial properties!
Turmeric is a Healing Spice. This is a condensed list of new found uses. This list becomes even more impressive in its whole food form.
- The Prevention and Treatment of Lung Disease
- The Prevention and Treatment of Brain Disease
- In treating a variety of cancers to include skin, colon and pancreatic cancers
- The orange pigment, curcumin, is showing benefits for a speedier recovery after surgery.
- A very effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, performing better than the leading choice of drugs.
- It also has been effective in treating Osteoarthritis and inflammatory conditions such as Lupus and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.