- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of fresh thyme, fresh rosemary and fresh oregano
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup large green olives
- 1 bunch green onions sliced thin including their green tops
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Whisk together salad dressing with fresh herbs, toss in chickpeas, olives and green onions. Serve at room temperature and toss with a lemon tofu feta cheese trick.
Summer Salad Serving Ideas:
Plate with corn on the cob and fresh tomato slices or toss this salad with Arugula or shredded Romaine, add a plate of sliced cucumbers and red bell peppers, include a rustic whole grain bread for a nice and easy summer lunch or evening summer meal.
Recipe adapted from a dish native to the south of France.
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com