- ICEBERG WEDGE:
- 2 iceberg lettuce heads – rinsed and dried and cut into wedges
- 1 cup chickpeas
- compari tomatoes – quartered
- pumpkin seeds
- MATCHSTICK FRIES:
- 4 russet potatoes scrubbed clean and dried
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING:
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon minced pickle
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
(As seen on YouTube)
(Watch our YouTube Cooking Class for tips on extra crisp fries for humid climates.)
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Chop potatoes in half, half once more, cut into wedges, and the last cut into
- Toss matchsticks into a mixing bowl and drizzle with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Coat
potatoes throughly, by mixing and tossing with your hands.
- Line up fries on parchment paper baking sheets, trying not to over lap the potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip fries with spatula, return to oven and
bake until golden brown, usually 10 or 15 minutes more.
- Add several pinches of sea salt, cracked pepper, or garlic powder, if salt free. Easy to re-heat the next day in a pre-heated 350º oven for about 10 minutes.
Oil Free Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Line baking trays with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and flip fries, back for another 15 minutes, until they are
golden brown and puffed up.
Yield: 4 servings
THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING:
- Blend with spoon and enjoy!
- This well tested thousand island recipe comes from Vegan Family Meals, Chef Ann Gentry of Real Food Daily, Santa Monica, CA
The Final Plating:
Layer your plate with crisp wedges, pile on the fries, garnish with tomatoes, chickpeas
and pumpkin seeds. Then smother on the sauce!
All recipes provided by: AlmostVeganCookingSchool.com